CIVIL SERVICE EXAMS - SYLLABUS FOR IAS/CSAT PRELIMS
The Civil services examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India.
The Government of India has announced a new pattern of examination to sort out candidates for the Indian Civil Services main examination.
From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II.
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) has two papers:
2.General Ability Test
The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination would be as under:
CSAT General Studies Paper 1 Syllabus
CSAT Paper 1 (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs, Number of Questions: 100
- Current Affairs: Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography – physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that do not require subject specialization
- General science.
CSAT General Ability Test Paper 2 Syllabus
CSAT Paper II (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs, Number of Questions: 80
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Total 80 questions have 200 marks, thus each question is of 2.5 marks. There is a negative marking of 33% or 1/3rd of allotted marks in both papers. Decision making section doesn’t have any negative marking.
UPSC Preliminary Civil Services Examination 2017 will commence on 18th June 2017 and Main Examination on Oct 28th 2017
The Top IAS Coaching for UPSC Exams, Indian Civil Services Exams & Other Competitive Exams in India. Call us today 080-42108426 for IAS Exam preparation.
Courtesy : Union Public Service Commission – UPSC